What Is Hemp Oil?
Our Ultra Concentrated Terpene Rich Hemp Oil is derived from industrial hemp, a type of cannabis plant. Unlike marijuana which is bred for its THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) content -- the element which gets you “high” -- hemp oil has no psychoactive effect and has many health benefits.
Hemp has a varied and rich history. For example, it’s fiber is made into rope, twine and fabric. Historians have found evidence that hemp oil as medicine dates as far back as 1500 BC in India, China and the Middle East. Fast forward to the United Kingdom in the late 1800s... did you know that Queen Victoria was prescribed cannabis for menstrual pain? From 1850 to 1937, the U.S. Pharmacopoeia listed cannabis as the primary medicine to treat more than 100 separate illnesses or diseases.
Healthy Inside & Out: The Many Benefits of Hemp Oil Use
Hemp Oil has been particularly effective for illnesses and conditions such as (but not limited to) stress disorders, cancer, arthritis, migraines, PTSD, chronic pain, many neurological disorders, recovery after heart attack and much more. Hemp Oil has also been extensively studied by the medical community and has no known side effects.
Most notably, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, the chief medical correspondent for CNN, created a multi-part documentary entitled “Weed”. Based upon his research, Dr. Gupta changed his official stance on the medical benefits of marijuana, cannabis and hemp. The documentary followed several stories on how hemp and cannabis had profound positive effects on patients suffering from pain, seizures, multiple sclerosis, etc.
Other notable scientists and researchers have published data on the many health benefits, including:
- Dr. Ruth Gallily, professor emerita of immunology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, studied how a cannabis strain was rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety properties.
- Professor Mechoulam of Israel's Weizman Institute of Science, was instrumental in getting a medical marijuana farm to develop a high cannabidiol and low-to-no THC strain of cannabis.
- Dr. David Bearman in his Huffington Post article chronicles the various studies of cannabidiol, how it’s metabolized, and its benefit for treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), chronic pain, epilepsy, and cancer treatments.
In 2015 the NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse) published an article that supports of Hemp Oil for:
- Anti-seizure effects
- Neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory effects
- Analgesic (pain reduction) effects for ailments such as rheumatoid arthritis, cancer pain and other neuropathic pain
- Anti-anxiety effects
- Anti-tumor effects
- Anti-psychotic effects
- Treating substance use disorders
Yes, It’s Legal! And Organic!
At CBD American Shaman, our products contain Ultra Concentrated Terpene Rich Hemp Oil. Our products are completely legal to buy in all 50 states because they contain less than .3% of the psychoactive “high” ingredient, THC.
No prescription is needed and we will ship directly to you. Enjoy the health benefits of all our non-GMO hemp products!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.